Monday, June 6, 2011

Must-Have Monday - Oh My Baby, Little One

I'll kick off "Must-Have Monday" with this gem of a book that I found.  It brought me a lot of comfort when I first went back to work, and we still read it all the time.  It's in our regular bedtime story rotation, but I also like to bring it with us to daycare.  If I find myself with a few extra minutes before school or during lunch, I like to read this to MY baby little one.

It's a about a mama bird who has to leave her baby bird at school all day while she works.  Even though they are apart, her love is with him all day long, and - surprise! - his love is with her too!  Her favorite part of the day is when they are reunited.  Sound familiar, working mamas?


It's called Oh My Baby, Little One by Kathi Appelt and illustrated by Jane Dyer.


1 comment:

  1. I'm such a sucker... I started tearing up while reading your post. I'll be picking this book up this weekend!

    ReplyDelete