Wednesday, April 18, 2012

30 Days of Honesty (and one dare) - Day 18


Day 18 — I would agree or disagree that high school is/was the time of my life… Because…

Oh god.  Disagree.  No question about it.

It wasn't awful.  Well, it wasn't always awful.  I had some bullying problems in 10th grade.  To be entirely honest, I don't even know why - I went on vacation, I came home, and people hated me.  They said awful things to and about me.  I hated my life and, oftentimes, I hated myself.  I ate lunch with my history teacher and spent mornings listening to showtunes with my music teacher.

I started 11th grade at a new school, and nobody stopped me from wearing an oversized Fox Mulder t-shirt on my first day.  The other girls were wearing skimpy shorts and halter tops.  So things didn't get much better there.  The kids were nice enough to generally ignore me instead of being hateful little bastards, I got through it, and I haven't been back since graduation day.

So, dear god,  I hope those weren't the best years of my life...


Full List of Participants for the 30 Days of Blogging Honesty (and 1 dare)
Cherlyn Cochrane, Jenn MikoLJ, Melanie, Last Civilized Woman, Princesa Musang, Primadonna Zel, Caroline, Koi, Aurathena, Terriblethinker, Sleep and Salami, Marliz3e, Prysmatique, DLonelyStarAnonymousBurn, Nicole, Sylvia Garza, Mariana, Nenskei, MyNakedBokkie, Bluefiadiarries, VeehCirra, Bannatreasures, Sajeev, HappyhippieroseTheFerkel, Tom Baker, *Sofia, *Everything Love & Lust, *TemptingSweets99, Sites with an * contain NSFW material. If erotic or sexual material is offensive to you, please do not visit these three blogs.

2 comments:

  1. By senior year my nickname was "Fat Lesbian" while I was neither fat nor lesbian. It was my fault for writing an ironic english paper...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really weird. It seems like some schools are a lot meaner than others. Some seem like torture dungeons and others are like happy summer camps.

    ReplyDelete