Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Update from a morning in Perinatal...

It was a good morning at Perinatal Testing.  Aidan looked great throughout the NST.  This means that there's a "very low risk" of stillbirth within the next seven days.  But of course since the test is only good for seven days, I will have to go back in and do this again every week until I deliver.  We have three more NST's and fluid checks scheduled before his due date.

It was wild to see Aidan on the ultrasound.  No pictures, because he's head down, low, and facing my spine.  We did catch a glimpse of the back of his head - he's not bald!  He looks huge, although we didn't do a growth u/s because for the time being we're not concerned about his growth or size.

After I left the Peri's office, I headed back to my OB for a BP check, weight check, and chat.  I lost a pound, although to be completely honest, I just don't care what I weigh at this point.  The BP was elevated but definitely lower than it was on Monday.  So the Labetalol is doing its job.  My labs came back pretty good, indicating that I'm just hypertensive and not pre-eclamptic.  Which is great news for Aidan - he gets to stay in for at least another week until things are evaluated at the next NST - at which point I'll be 37w2d and my wimpy white boy will be slightly less wimpy and actually full term.

Time to figure out what to do about work.  I'm officially ordered out on bedrest for the duration and need to figure out how this is all going to work.  I wasn't expecting this and wasn't prepared for it.  I anticipated working up until I went into labor and know that this is going to seriously limit the time I can afford to take off once he is born.  This breaks my heart but I don't have a choice.  Ignoring the doctor's orders would be pretty stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment