Friday, June 17, 2011

Family Friday

Family Friday - a quick update on the state of the Shields clan.

This particular Friday is exciting, because Tom sends out report cards.  We are edging ever-closer to summer vacation, which we are hoping will be a time for sleeping in (ha) and taking our boy out to see what the world has to offer.

In an unplanned turn of events, my job was eliminated last week.  Monday, I had a job.  Tuesday, I didn't.  There are about a thousand reasons to freak out about that, but the bright side is that I belong completely to my teeny tiny while I figure out what's next.  This week, our major accomplishment was definitely sleep.  He's getting some.  We're getting some.  It's lovely.  I can't even begin to explain why, but when I am not working, Aidan sleeps a hundred times better.  When Aidan is home with daddy or at school, his naps are unreliable and notoriously short.  When Mommy's around, our boy can pull 3 hour naps no problem.  We usually get two long naps and one shorter snooze every day.  Then he goes to bed between 7 and 8, wakes up at 2 for a smackrel of honey (or milk.  whichever.), and goes back to sleep until 6ish.  The habit we've fallen into is that Mama takes the 2am wakeup and daddy handles 6am (either with first class airfare to mommy's bed for some breakfast, or a bottle full of milk and zantac if mommy remembered to make one up).  This routine's working nicely and we are hoping it's here to stay at least for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment