Monday, April 9, 2012

30 Days of Honesty (and one dare) - Day 9

Day 09 — When the cashier gives me this amount of money for change I know it’s too much money to dump in the charity bucket…

Okay, so, I'm an a-hole here.  I don't give my change to charity.  Not $5, not 5 cents.  

It's not for lack of being charitable - honestly, there are some really worthwhile organizations out there.  I just prefer to choose them for myself, and give in the way I feel most comfortable.
 
Most recently, I came across an organization called Tubie Friends.  They provide stuffed animals with feeding tubes to children with feeding tubes.  With my son's inevitable move toward becoming a tubie himself, this organization really tugged at my heartstrings.  I've found ways to give to that organization and I'm happy to do it.  But a nondescript jar by a cash register?  Not my style.


And just in case you're interested in helping that particular cause, here it is.  It takes so very little to do so very much good. 

4 comments:

  1. I think this makes you not an a-hole, Caroline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, that's actually pretty smart. You know that your money is going to a charity that you actually support and trust.

    ReplyDelete