Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Freakout Resolution

I have calmed considerably since yesterday. I've also made a few decisions...
  • Dr Wu will NOT be our doctor. I don't trust her information, I don't like her bedside manner, and I think she was irresponsible in prescribing that medication.
  • I will NOT be taking the medication that she prescribed. It is pregnancy category X. The internet says not to do it. My regular doc says not to do it. My common sense says not to do it. I'm angry that I wasted the copay, but glad I looked into it before using it.
I'm very angry with this doctor. Anger isn't healthy, and all in all, the worst harm that was done is that I'm out $35 for the copay for this stupid cream - but it's more the possibility of what *could* have happened that angers me. Aside from hurting a future LO, it could have hurt ME. From the web:
  • FDA pregnancy category X. Estrace can cause birth defects. Use an effective form of birth control while you are using Estrace.
  • Estrace increases your risk of developing endometrial hyperplasia, a condition that may lead to cancer of the uterus
  • Long-term Estrace treatment may increase your risk of breast cancer, heart attack, or stroke
  •  
So I guess all in all, I'm upset that she didn't discuss any of these things with me. Because it sounds like this is a fairly serious med, and she handed it out pretty cavalierly.  Bad doctor.  Bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment