Friday, May 7, 2010

PSA

Don't test early.  Just don't.  I'm 8dpo in my first cycle TTC and I woke up this morning and I just had to.  It was a bad idea and I totally shouldn't have, but what can I say.  I'm human.

Yes, I know people have gotten BFP's at 8dpo.  That doesn't mean it will happen to you.  Let me rephrase that.  It won't happen to you.

What WILL happen to you is that you'll see a shadow on the peestick, which isn't a line, but it's a shadow and you're just not sure one way or the other any more, and then you'll pee on another one, and that one will look shadowy too, so you'll take a bunch of pictures until you think you've gotten one that isn't blurry, and then you'll zoom way in on your laptop (as though this is somehow better than looking really closely at the peestick) and then you'll invert the colors on the photo and you'll still think it looks shadowy and glowy, and you're still just not sure, and you'll keep zooming in further until FINALLY rational you will intercede with "it's not a line, dummy.  go to work."  And you'll drop it (even though you still SWEAR you saw a shadow).

Just don't pee early.

No comments:

Post a Comment