Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My big boy is gaining like a champ!

Aidan and I went to visit the Lactation Consultant today.  It was a really good experience, actually.  We weighed him (holy crap, more on that later) before and after a feed.  He likes to eat (and has no problem getting) 2oz per feeding.  And yes, this information is useful to me.  We also worked on some positioning that will make things more comfortable for me.  It was an hour well-spent.

One of the things that I was nervous about since I decided to breastfeed was his weight.  Is he getting enough milk?  Is the milk caloric enough for him?  In a word - yes.  In two words - Hell yes.

Birth Weight: 5lb15oz
Discharge Weight: 5lb10oz
9 days old: 6lb2oz
11 days old: 6lb4oz
22 days old (today): 7lb6oz. 

Holy moly!  Clearly, he's getting plenty.  I'm proud of him and proud of myself for being able to give him what he needs.

Way to go, Aidan!  Mommy thinks you're doing pretty great!

No comments:

Post a Comment